I’m Frankie, and I’m here with my top 30 crazy bucket list Ideas for those of you who are looking for a unique adventure!
If you’re like me, then your bucket list is something that’s ever-changing, just like me! One day it might be sky diving in Thailand and the next it’s bungee jumping off of a bridge in New Zealand. And when I say “crazy,” I mean CRAZY! So in this blog post, we’ll go over some of my favorite crazy bucket list ideas. Whether it’s skydiving in Hawaii or Bungee Jumping from Victoria Falls, I’m confident there are things on this list for everyone. So let me ask you this – Are you brave enough to try at least one of these?
- Sky diving: The first thing on my list is sky diving. I’ve already done it, so I can confidently say that you will enjoy it if you like a rush! Some of the most beautiful views are seen from way up high in heaven’s view. Skydiving is one of those experiences that’s difficult to put into words because it truly leaves you speechless. So come join me as I jump into this blog post about some pretty incredible places that can offer you the experience of a lifetime.
- Bungee jumping (see what I did there with the jumping pun?): Have you ever been so scared that your heart is beating out of your chest? If not, and that sounds appealing to you, then this might be one for the bucket list! Bungee jumping has always been on my to-do list and I’m glad I was finally able to cross it off. If you decide to go bungee jumping, I would highly recommend choosing a location that gives off the most breathtaking view possible and is in an area that you can explore after you’re done. Some locations I would recommend are Iceland or Maui. For this adventure, I chose to go with Bungee America in New Hampshire (it’s also known as “The White Mountains”). But don’t worry! Even if you’re not from around there; they offer their services all across North America and Europe throughout different locations like Yosemite National Park.
- Cage diving with sharks: Swimming with sharks is an adventure I still haven’t done but is at the top of my list. Although, I have to admit I’m still really nervous to try this one. The idea of being in a plastic cage, submerged underwater with sharks sounds terrifying to me but it’s also one of the most fascinating things on my list. If you’re ever looking for an adventure that is both exhilarating and scary then this might just be your next bucket list item! If you need a place to start, check out the tours offered on the Shark Dive Adventures website in California.
- Getting a tattoo: OK… here me out. I’m not a huge tattoo person but I think getting one might make for an interesting bucket list item. If you decide to check this off your bucket list, please make sure that you have not had any alcohol before you do it! You don’t want to do anything you’ll regret later.
- Hot air balloon: Hot air balloons are the perfect thing to do when you are in a picturesque location like the Grand Canyon or New Zealand since the views are spectacular from that high up. This would be perfect to do with a loved one and definitely one of the more romantic bucket list ideas to check off.
- Scuba diving: This is another bucket list item that you can do pretty much anywhere, as long as you’re by the ocean. The water can be so beautiful and there are all kinds of sea creatures out there swimming around… who doesn’t want to see them up close? When scuba diving, you’ll need to get certified and usually have your first few trips with an experienced guide, but it’s worth the time and investment! I’ve been scuba diving in the Galapagos and it was truly epic.
- Cliff jumping: This one is definitely a bit more dangerous, so it’s probably best to do with someone who knows the area and has done cliff jumping there before. Cliff jumping is the perfect way to face your fears and push beyond your limits.
- Climbing Mount Everest: This goes without saying, but this bucket list idea is one that you’d definitely need to train for and you’d have to do a lot of prep, but it’s totally possible! Bonus points for being able to say you’ve climbed Mount Everest!
- Dog Sledding: There are places in the U.S. where you can dog sled, with options in Alaska, Yellowstone, New York, and Washington. Dog sledding is the most popular activity in Alaska, and it’s a must-try bucket list idea!
- Antarctica: Traveling to Antarctica might seem really far out of reach, but you can actually take tours there if you plan early enough which makes this an accessible bucket list item for people who are really motivated to do it. I’ve been to Antarctica twice and my number one tip is to pack warm!
- Being on a TV Show: I know this one may seem silly or random to some, but I have always wanted to be in the audience of a talk show or sitcom, like Seinfeld, Ellen, or The Late Night Show.
- Hiking the Grand Canyon: This might not be as impressive as Mount Everest, but hiking through one of America’s great wonders is definitely a bucket list item worth checking off.
- Ice fishing in Alaska: Alaska is famous for ice fishing and this bucket list item is perfect for people anglers and lovers of the great outdoors. You can easily hire a guide and there are plenty of options in almost all towns in Alaska.
- Ziplining through Costa Rica: Zip lining is another activity that’s become very popular over the past decade or so because it offers an incredible rush of adrenaline and is relatively safe.
- Hang-gliding over Rio de Janeiro: If you’re looking for a bucket list idea that’ll give you incredible views, then hang-gliding can be the perfect way to see Brazil’s famous city. I’d recommend going tandem with a guide though since it does require a good amount of skill to do successfully.
- Ice climbing in the Swiss Alps: This is another difficult and dangerous activity on your bucket list items, but you’ll never regret experiencing such an intense thrill. Like climbing Mt. Everest, this one is only for those who are in great physical condition. I’d recommend going with a guide and not attempting it alone.
- Run with the bulls in Spain: If you’re looking for a bucket list idea that’s just plain fun, then running with the bulls in Pamplona is a great option. It may be dangerous and stressful but it’ll definitely give an adrenaline rush (and maybe an injury or two)
- Scuba diving at Great Barrier Reef: Many people dream of going to Australia because they’ve always wanted to see the famous reef. Scuba diving at the Great Barrier Reef is seeing one of the seven natural wonders up close and it just may be your new favorite place.
- Ride a bull at a rodeo: Let’s be honest, there’s a good chance you’ll get hurt checking this item off your bucket list, but it’ll still be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- Gorilla treckking in Africa: Gorilla trekking is one that I have actually done, and let me tell you — it was life-changing. The experience of being so close to a gorilla is simply magical, and you’ll never forget the animals or your guide for as long as you live!
- Do a firewalk: A firewalk is when you walk over hot coals and it doesn’t burn your shoes or feet. It’s actually pretty cool if you think about it!
- Go rock climbing: Rock climbing is one of the funnest things I have ever done in my life, but it’s also one of the most challenging. There is nothing like that feeling when you reach the top of a mountain or cliff! I would recommend going with a guide who has experience rock climbing.
- Hike the Appalachian Trail: The Appalachian Trail is one of America’s longest hiking trails, and it goes through 14 different states! If you’re up for a challenge I would recommend this bucket list item — but be ready to get your feet wet because there are many steep hills along the way.
- Stay at an ice hotel: Staying somewhere where everything is made out of ice sounds pretty cool to me — probably not something easy to do though because who wants to sleep on ice. A few locations that have ice hotels available are Quebec, Canada, and Jukkasjarvi in Sweden.
- Raft the Grand Canyon: what sounds more exciting than going rafting in the Grand Canyon? I would say not much.
- Go to the Olympics: who wouldn’t want to go watch athletes from all over the world compete in a sport that they have trained their entire lives for? The winter and summer Olympics take place every two years, so you might as well try going at least once.
- Go backpacking in Southeast Asia: You can get around all of southeast Asia for pretty cheap and stay in hostels. This one is totally doable and would be relatively cheap!
- Go in an ice cave in Iceland: I’ve been to Iceland multiple times and their ice caves are beautiful. My favorite part is that you go in with the tour guide and they tell you about all of Iceland’s history. The caves are absolutely freezing, but it’s worth the experience.
- Go street luging: Street luging is when you lay flat on a skateboard type of board and go down a steep hill. It’s pretty crazy and I’ve never done it, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t!
- Ride in a helicopter: I recently took a helicopter ride in Maui and it was AMAZING! They played the Jurassic Park soundtrack and showed us all of the beautiful waterfalls. It’s a little pricey, but I think it would be worth every penny!
That’s it for my crazy must-do bucket list ideas. Hopefully, you get the opportunity to mark off a few of these experiences! And as always, make sure you take lots of pictures because, without pictures, it didn’t happen! If you enjoyed this post, check out a few of my other popular posts like my posts on how to make friends in a new city and my other post on the benefits of traveling.
Leave a Reply